Our story began with a concussion
Jane McGonigal is a researcher and game designer. After a serious concussion, she experienced anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation. Jane invented SuperBetter to help herself heal.
Since then, over 1 million people have played SuperBetter to overcome obstacles in their own lives.Watch Jane share her story in her popular TED Talk.
The SuperBetter book by Jane McGonigal is a NY Times bestseller. It explains the science behind each rule for playing SuperBetter.Get the Book
We’re tackling the youth mental health crisis
SuperBetter is a small business with big dreams
- Our mission: Unlock the heroic potential of youth & young adults everywhere.
- Ending the youth mental health crisis requires both prevention & treatment.
- SuperBetter fills the gap for prevention that is evidence-based, accessible, affordable and globally-scalable.
Powered by the science of games
There are 3 billion video game players on the planet
- 40% of the world adopts a gameful mindset every time they play.
- The mindset of game play is a powerful framework for all of life.
- We can use the same psychology to tackle our biggest challenges.