Our story began with a concussion
Jane McGonigal is a researcher and game designer. After a serious concussion, she experienced anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation. Jane invented SuperBetter to help herself heal.
Since then, over 1 million people have played SuperBetter to overcome obstacles in their own lives.Jane shares her story in this popular TED Talk.
SuperBetter, the book, is a NY Times bestseller. It’s a great complement to the app to go deeper into the science.Get the Book
We’re tackling the youth mental health crisis
SuperBetter is a small business with big dreams
- We aspire to unlock the heroic potential of 50 million youth & young adults.
- Our aspiration reflects the global scale of the youth mental health crisis.
- We seek to help fill the gap for prevention that is readily-accessible, evidence-based and globally-scalable.
Powered by the science of games
There are 3 billion video game players on the planet
- 40% of the world adopts a gameful mindset every time they play.
- The mindset of game play is a powerful framework for all of life.
- We can use the same psychology to tackle our biggest challenges.